Monday, February 11

A project for '08

One thing I remember vividly from homeschooling was having to keep track of every book we read for a couple of years. We had a chart where we had to write down the title, author, and a very brief synopsis. It was great, since I have a really bad tendency to forget stories. In fact, I read a book as a child that I've been searching for ever since.

It was about a poor little rich girl who was handicapped - I think she was in a wheelchair - and it was set around the turn of the 1900's. She was somewhat estranged from her dad, I think...

Yeah, I don't remember much more than that, but I remember that I absolutely loved it. That chart was very helpful for when I'd want to go back and re-read something.

So. My project for '08 is to keep a list of all the movies I watch, just to see a) how ridiculously many there are, and b) for fun. At the end of the year, I'll make a top ten list of the movies that I really really liked. There's already been a couple contenders. Once is right up there. If you're at all interested in my list so far, there's a link on the left hand side of the blog, but you can also find it here. I'm hoping to keep a list of the books I read, as well. That might be a bit harder, since I don't have Netflix to spur my memory for January...