Tuesday, January 1

Movies of 2008

I thought I'd make a list of all the movies I watch in 2008, just for fun... If there was a movie that I was really touched by, it's in bold. Movies that I can't recommend to anyone are crossed out.

  • Amazing Grace: Way better than I expected.
  • Becoming Jane: Who cares if it's historically accurate? Oh the sweet tension...
  • Catch and Release: Predictable but it still made me cry.
  • Copying Beethoven: Big disappointment.
  • Elizabeth, the Golden Age: Didn't finish due to the serious anti-Catholic bias.
  • Freedom Writers: Good, predictable, gritty.
  • Gone, Baby Gone: Very brutal and vulgar - but unbelievably gripping. Who would ever have thought that Ben Affleck would make such a good director? I had my hand to my throat the whole time... with tears in my eyes.
  • Goodnight, Mister Tom: Wonderful, surprising, sweet.
  • King of Kong: Fascinating documentary. We were totally hooked.
  • League of Their Own: I can't believe I'd never seen this. I even knew a Rockford Peach.
  • Man in the Moon: Reese Witherspoon was fabulous.
  • Man Without a Face: Good, more serious than I'd expected.
  • Marie Antoinette: Waste of time. Didn't finish.
  • Miss Potter: Interesting, but could have been better.
  • Nanny Diaries: Just like the book, it was okay.
  • Once: Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. I have the soundtrack going nonstop.
  • Sweetland: Lovely. Better than expected.
  • Ultimate Gift: I liked it a lot, Mister thought it was predictable.