Monday, September 17

a new phase

So I'm officially deciding that Peanut is a toddler. She's still a baby, don't get me wrong, and like my mom, I'll probably be referring to her as my baby when she's grown with kids of her own... But she's a toddler, now, too.

A few weeks ago, I had her in the stroller at the library (much easier - that way I can put my books in the basket underneath her!), when some nice ladies came up to see her and commented to me, "That is the most content toddler we've seen in a long time!" I thought they were nuts - this was my little baby, who I can cuddle on my lap, this isn't any toddler!!

Yeah. Silly me. She's cruising around all the furniture, experimenting with standing on her own, loving table food, pointing, clapping and babbling all day long. I don't think she's a baby anymore.

Because I'm the googlenerd that I am, I had to look up what the official definition of a toddler is. This is what I came up with:

When she learns to walk.

Phew. Does that mean I'm off the hook for a little bit longer and can keep calling her my baby? I think I will. For as long as I can.