Thursday, August 30

nothin' much

Just wanted to post something, and when I pulled up my blog, the first thought was "gosh, I really like that." Let's see how long I leave the basic layout the same - I can tweak widgets and stuff, but I'm really liking this! I have a tendency to be fickle with things that are easily changed, though...

How many of you do this? I finally added myself to my Google Reader, so that when I get all my blog updates (and I read 53 other blogs...), I get my life as a mama updates sent as well. I have to say, it's kinda weird. Let's see. Why is it weird? Well, for one thing, I have a tendency to think of all other bloggers as pros and myself as just an amateur - and I also forget that most of them are just moms who, in the words of my mother, "pull their pants on one leg at a time." Not that some of you have to pull your own pants on. You have scads of adoring minions who do that for you. And follow you around with makeup, so you always look perfect... But when I see my words in the same format as everyone else's, it makes mine look just as authentic. Which is kinda cool.

On the other hand, I never fail to get halfway through the post and go "wait, this sounds familiar," before realizing that it's mine. I am such a doofus. And no, it didn't take halfway through my eleventy-first post to get it! I'm not THAT slow!