Wednesday, June 6

netflix, movies and contests...

Mister and I are firm Netflix lovers. We just love watching movies, and to have them delivered to your door is just the bomb diggety. 5 Minutes for Mom is giving away some 6-month subscriptions, and while we wouldn't use it for ourselves, my brother and sister-in-law would be thrilled to death to receive that. They're moving in a couple of weeks so he can go back to school. He was working as a musician for a church, but it's awfully hard to support a family on that income, and without degrees in music, he had no possibility of ever making more than that.

So he's going to be a chiropractor and join my dad's practice when he graduates. I'm so proud of him - it's a major step that will hopefully pay off in the long run. But that means for the next few years, he and his wife and babies will be on a MAJORLY shoestring budget. As opposed to the "church musician" budget. While they've had no money for fun stuff, now they'll just be scraping by. 6 months of unlimited movies would be a dream for them. I know he won't have much time, with studying and working, but still... to be able to crash and relax every once in a while would be wonderful.

It's so easy to be comfortable with what we have that we forget those who have to worry about money. I am so blessed to have a husband with a good, secure, well-paying job that means we don't have to worry. But I remember those nights where I was wondering how all the bills were going to get paid.

But. Back from my tangent. Go over to 5 Minutes for Mom and enter the contest! Just a warning - they'll want to know what your favorite movie(s) is/are. I put Mrs. Miniver and Batman Begins.

What are yours? And to my closet readers... you can go ahead and respond, too. I know you're there. :oP