Thursday, August 9

i went on a DATE last night!

So yesterday, Mister took a half day off of work, came home and finished shampooing the carpets in the house (love that man!) and then we drove up to the Quad Cities, which for the uninitiated is two cities in Iowa (Davenport and Bettendorf) and a number of cities in Illinois (Rock Island, Moline, East Moline and Silvis). I know that adds up to more than 4, but East Moline and Silvis get really offended if they're left off the list. :) It's a cluster of cities (they all run into each other) that are found on the banks of the Mississippi.

My brother and sister-in-law and babies moved there recently, so we spent the afternoon with them, and then left Peanut there while Mister and I went to the American Idol concert! Wooooohooo! It was AMAZING! We really just had so much fun - had super seats - and just got such a kick out of seeing everybody. I thought it was more fun than a regular ol' concert because you never knew WHO was performing next, and WHAT they were going to do. Normally, at a concert, you know that band/person X will do a song, usually off one of their cds. This time, you didn't know if Sanjaya or Blake was going to come out, if they were doing a duet with Melinda or Sligh or something... and if anyone was playing instruments, etc.

Really, it was a phenomenal party. Musically, it was great - it was almost all covers, which meant that I knew the lyrics and could sing along, but it was just a lot of fun. Two surprises of the night: Phil and Chris Richardson were better in person than they were on tv... and LaKisha was PHENOMENAL. I'm not going to give any more details, in case anyone else will see them later in the tour, but it was just so much fun!

Then, we went back to my brother's house, stayed overnight, hung out with all of them this morning, and came on back here. Now, Peanut is sleeping and I think I may go catch up on a few ZZZ's myself!