Wednesday, March 28

idol - top ten

LaKisha - “Last Dance” - I have to say that I missed this, as I was busy bringing dinner down to the tv room, but Mister said that she did all right. I was hoping that she'd do a "belt-it-out" song, as that's what it's going to take to beat out Melinda. Dress? Boots? Gorgeous.

Chris Sligh - “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” - I used to like him so much, but he's not standing out in the crowd. It was a little off...

Gina - “I’ll Stand By You” - I thought that she was fabulous. Way to go, Illinois chick!

Sanjaya - “Bathwater” - Where do I begin? The song was kind of creepy (I hadn't heard it before). The hair? It made me cringe so much. When they first showed him, I didn't realize that he'd faux-hawked it, and I thought he'd shaved it all off.... then the moment when I realized that the light shining through the fluffiness above him was the hair. Gross. Boy doesn't sing. He's just soaking up his fifteen minutes. Too bad it wasn't limited to only fifteen minutes. They didn't even mention the fact that he flubbed his words halfway through. And he's in the TOP TEN?

Haley - “True Colors” - Was it Simon that said that she could have been any of thousands of teenage girls? Yeah. Although she showed off the legs again this week. I think that's why she's still in it. Mister didn't agree with me on that one, so call me cynical. But yeah.

Phil - “Every Breath You Take” - I was taking dinner dishes back upstairs, so missed it, but really enjoyed the ten seconds they showed of it in the recap.

Melinda - “Heaven Knows” - LOVED the outfit. Simon was all wrong on that one. My critique of Melinda (I know, that's practically a sin!) is that she doesn't change her style much from week to week. She's really really good at what she does, but she just keeps on doing it.

Blake - “Love Song” - Every week I like him a little bit better. The crooked mouth. The super smooth, controlled voice. Yup. Definitely the favorite guy.

Jordin - “Hey Baby” - She's still my favorite. But this one was only okay. The outfit was not flattering... she looked like she was having fun, but it wasn't overly musical.

Chris Richardson - “Don’t Speak” - I still do not see the attraction with him at all. I was sorting clothes during him, and didn't get caught up in the performance. Plus he does his signature "jerk the head to the right rhythmically" move way too often for me.

Conclusions: Bottom three should be Chris Sligh, Sanjaya and Haley. Sanjaya should have been sent home weeks ago, so I'm going to keep hoping that it might happen. I don't think it will, and I think Haley will go.